I look at selling your home as an huge money-making opportunity. Here's why – what is your current hourly wage at your job? If you're like most Americans, it's somewhere between $20 and $40 an hour. What if I told you that selling your home will give you the opportunity to make HUNDREDS per hour?
It's true. Thank about it… imagine you want to get your house on the market in exactly one month. And during that month, you invested 50 hours and about $500 getting your house in tip-top shape (that's 8 hours per weekend, plus one hour per evening during the week). If you follow the steps below, those 50 hours could easily get you an extra $10,000 or more for your house. That's $200 an hour people! And it could easily be more.
Home buying and selling season is upon us, better known as the Pennsylvania Spring Real Estate market.
Here are the 10 things best things to do that will get your house ready to sell FAST and for the right price:
1. Pick a day to list in the future and work backward from it.
2. Ask for outside opinions of things that need to be done in your house. Where I come in as your licensed Realtor.
3. Treat it like a business. Your house is no longer just your home, it's an asset you are trying to get top dollar for.
4. De-clutter. Read Marie Kondo anyone?
5. Do some research on staging. Using your own furniture or renting some pieces to spruce up your space.
6. Paint! Soft neutrals such as gray, white, etc.
7. Focus on curb appeal. Pick up some cute flowers, throw a nice pillow on your chairs, keep your front entrance welcoming.
8. Have a plan for when the call for showing your home! take children, pets, and yourself away to allow potential buyers to focus on the home.
9. GREAT professional photos for marketing, this service is included with every home I list to sell.
10. Price it right out of the gate and get top dollar quickly!
Happy selling season, as always please call, text, or email me if you have questions or wish to buy or sell real estate.
Author:Elise Laabab Phone: 484-479-4583 Dated: February 5th 2019 Views: 146 About Elise: Elise is a skilled and dedicated REALTOR® serving the greater Philadelphia metro area with a strong...
I have 14 years’ experience in residential and commercial properties throughout the Philadelphia area and inner ring suburbs. In my former life, I practiced law in Philadelphia in the areas of Premises and Products Liability, which translated beautifully into having a deep understanding of how houses “work” and Contract Law, not to mention being in the midst of my second personal renovation.
I live with my family in Germantown in a Queen Anne and previously lived in Fishtown until 2011. I am originally a native of Rochester, NY (go Wegmans!) and attended undergrad at Eugene Lang in New York City and University of Rochester, where I received a BA in Political Science in 1998. I attended Law School at State Universit y of New York at Buffalo School of Law where I received a Juris Doctor in 2003 and became a member of the PA Bar as well in 2003. I practiced in Philly for 2 1/2 years before making the leap to real estate, my true love.
I am a dog fanatic with a beautiful Husky/Collie (I’d guess?) mix at home…I can most likely find you a rescue dog too if you’d like one for your home! I am a sucker for old homes with original details, Back staircases, stained glass but love elements of most periods of design.
When I’m not selling houses, I can most often be found hanging out with my two young daughters at all the kid hot spots in town.
2014 & 2018 Space & Company Leadership Award
2017 and 2012 Space & Company Top Producer Transactions Award
2017 Space & Company Double Digit Sales Growth Award
2016 Best Realtor-Philadelphia Home Magazine
2013-2015 Five Star Real Estate Professional Award